Oakridge High School Online Learning Academy (OOLA)
Building and Technology Rules:
- All High School Rules apply to all students in the program.
- OOLA students are only permitted in the building on Wednesdays from 1pm to 3pm for tutoring only. Please email your instructor with a time preference (if applicable).
- Students must use a school-issued Chromebook for all program content (video lessons, assignments, tests, and quizzes.)
- Chromebooks will be monitored through Go Guardian Monday-Friday from 7:43am-2:43pm. Non-educational websites will be blocked during school day hours.
- Chromebooks must be turned in by the last day of school.
- Participation: In order to participate in OOLA, students must sign the Oakridge Public Schools Online Learning Contract.
- Attendance: Students are required to participate in 2 or more weekly progress checks with their OOLA teacher.
- This can be through email, Go Guardian chat, Google Forms, phone, Zoom calls, or in person during tutoring time slots.
- Workload: Students must maintain mandatory minimum weekly online work hours (at least 15 hours per week)
- Students set their own schedules and can work any time on assignments, lessons, and quizzes.
- Tests can only be taken during testing time slots
- Notes: Students must take notes for tests to be unlocked by their teacher.
- Mandatory paper notes with a minimum of 3 pages must be emailed to their teacher before testing time begins.
- Testing: Students may only take tests during testing hours, so students must plan their schedules accordingly (see attached schedule).
- You will be automatically progressed to the next assignment if you fail a quiz or test 3 times - please ask for help before your third failed attempt!
- You may only retake a Test/Exam if you failed and need to earn a passing grade.
- SAT All students, regardless of grade, are required to attend SAT testing the week after Spring Break. This is both a Program and a Graduation Requirement. There will also be pre-administration sessions to attend with dates TBA at a later date.
- Star Testing and Xello/Career Prep - These are a program requirement.
- Relative Grade must be at least 60% to pass the class.
- Students must take the Final Exam to receive credit. Once the Exam is complete, you may not go back to work in the course, i.e. assignments, projects, essays, or quizzes.
- Once you receive a passing grade in the course, you may not retake an Exam.
- Courses must be completed by the end of the semester (Otherwise, the student will retake the course from the beginning. Summer School may be an option).
Your instructor is: Daphne Barry
Google Voice (may call or text this number): 616-499-4525
Classroom voicemail: 231-788-7334
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday:
Testing Time Slots: 9:00 am - 11 am and 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Contact Hours: 8:00 am - 11 am and 12:30 pm - 2:43 pm
Testing Time Slot: None
Contact or Tutoring Hours: 1pm-3pm time slots (available by request)