Online Learning (OOLA)
Oakridge Online Learning Academy (OOLA)
If you are looking to enroll a student in an online learning program, seeking answers to FAQs, or general information about all online learning programs offered at Oakridge, please visit our district's Online Learning Page.
This page exclusively serves students already enrolled in OOLA.
Building and Technology Rules:
- All High School Rules apply to all students in the program.
- OOLA students are only permitted in the building on Wednesdays from 1pm to 3pm for tutoring only. Please email your instructor with a time preference (if applicable).
- Students must use a school-issued Chromebook for all program content (video lessons, assignments, tests, and quizzes.)
- Chromebooks will be monitored through Go Guardian Monday-Friday from 7:43am-2:43pm. Non-educational websites will be blocked during school day hours.
- Chromebooks must be turned in by the last day of school.
- Participation: In order to participate in OOLA, students must sign the Oakridge Public Schools Online Learning Contract.
- Attendance: Students are required to participate in 2 or more weekly progress checks with their OOLA teacher.
- This can be through email, Go Guardian chat, Google Forms, phone, Zoom calls, or in person during tutoring time slots.
- Workload: Students must maintain mandatory minimum weekly online work hours (at least 15 hours per week)
- Students set their own schedules and can work any time on assignments, lessons, and quizzes.
- Tests can only be taken during testing time slots
- Notes: Students must take notes for tests to be unlocked by their teacher.
- Mandatory paper notes with a minimum of 3 pages must be emailed to their teacher before testing time begins.
- Testing: Students may only take tests during testing hours, so students must plan their schedules accordingly (see attached schedule).
- You will be automatically progressed to the next assignment if you fail a quiz or test 3 times - please ask for help before your third failed attempt!
- You may only retake a Test/Exam if you failed and need to earn a passing grade.
- SAT All students, regardless of grade, are required to attend SAT testing the week after Spring Break. This is both a Program and a Graduation Requirement. There will also be pre-administration sessions to attend with dates TBA at a later date.
- Star Testing and Xello/Career Prep - These are a program requirement.
- Relative Grade must be at least 60% to pass the class.
- Students must take the Final Exam to receive credit. Once the Exam is complete, you may not go back to work in the course, i.e. assignments, projects, essays, or quizzes.
- Once you receive a passing grade in the course, you may not retake an Exam.
- Courses must be completed by the end of the semester (Otherwise, the student will retake the course from the beginning. Summer School may be an option).
- Your instructor is: Cheryl Owen
- Classroom #104
- Google Voice (may call or text this number): 616-499-4525
- Classroom voicemail: 231-788-7334
- Email: email@example.com
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday:
- Testing Time Slots: 9:00 am - 11 am and 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
- Contact Hours: 8:00 am - 11 am and 12:30 pm - 2:43 pm
- Testing Time Slot: None
- Contact or Tutoring Hours: 1pm-3pm time slots (available by request)