We are proud of the educational opportunities that we offer and we're thrilled to have you enroll at Oakridge. Please follow the directions below to enroll/register your child.
The school district requires proof of residency, your child’s birth certificate, and immunization records upon enrollment.
The following documents are acceptable as proof of residency as long as the document contains the name of at least one parent or guardian and an address located within the school district boundaries:
- Mortgage document including street address of property and purchaser(s) name(s)
- Property deed including street address of property and purchaser(s) name(s)
- Current tax bill
- Current utility bill
- Copy of current payroll check including home address
- Current rental or lease agreement
- Notarized* residency affidavit
- Notarized* proof of residency from homeowner/renter with whom parent(s) and student resides
- Voter registration card
- Court orders or placement papers
*Notary services are provided at every building office.
Register/Update Enrollment Info
To begin the online registration/enrollment process at Oakridge Public Schools, click on the appropriate section that applies to you child's circumstances.
Returning Students - Grades 1-12
Check out this helpful PDF with instructions on updating enrollment information for returning Oakridge students.
New Students - Grades K-12 & ECSE
This section is for New Students to Oakridge Public Schools (students who did not attend Oakridge last year). If you attended Oakridge last year, please go to the "Returning Students" section.
The online registration process can be done using a desktop computer or a mobile device. If you do not have access to a computer or at-home internet, please contact the school which you are enrolling your student.
GSRP - Preschool
GSRP Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the Oakridge Great Start Readiness Program. Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year has begun! Click here for the application. The application is fillable and will be emailed directly to email@example.com
when it is complete.
We also have hard copy application packets at Oakridge Early Childhood Center located at 1050 S. Carr Road, Muskegon, MI 49442 if you prefer a paper copy.
All required materials need to be submitted before your child can be placed in a classroom.
Children must be four years old by December 1 (priority is given to those with birthdays on or before September 1). There are NO ACCEPTIONS. In addition, priority is given to families who reside in the Oakridge School District.
For your application to be considered complete, we will need a copy of your child’s birth certificate, immunization record, insurance or Medicaid card, verification of last year’s total family income ( W-2, tax forms, cash assistance, SSI, child support etc.) and proof of residency (current utility bill). We will be happy to make copies for you at our office. The health appraisal form is required on or before the first day of school. We highly suggest you make your child’s well child visit during the summer!
Return the completed application to:
Great Start Readiness Program
Oakridge Early Childhood Center
1050 Carr Rd.
Muskegon, MI 49442
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Filling out this application does not ensure placement into the program. You will be notified by letter upon acceptance into the program. If you have further questions, please call our Oakridge GSRP office at 231-788-7304 or email me at email@example.com Thank you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will I be notified if my child has been accepted into the program?
Below are approximate dates of notification of acceptance:
End of June--First round of acceptance notifications will be going out to those with birthdays who are 4 years of age before September 2 of the current school year. -
August 15--After August 15th, GSRP is allowed to start accepting over-income children. Priority is given to those children with additional eligibility factors.
After September 1--Another round of acceptance notifications will be going out to those with birthdays between September 2 and December 1 of the current school year. Priority is given to those with additional eligibility factors.
What is the cost?
- FREE to those that qualify. If there are still open slots, we are allowed to enroll up to 10% of over income students for a minimal rate
What days would my child attend school?
- Monday-Thursday, off on Friday
What time does school start and end?
- We have staggered start and end times.
- Two classes are in session from 8am-3pm
- Three classes are in session from 8:15am-3:15pm
Do you follow the Oakridge School District Schedule?
- We do have the same break schedule
- NO half days like the rest of the district
- NO late start like the rest of the district
- We start a little later and end a little earlier
Is transportation provided?
- We do NOT offer transportation
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian
What school supplies will my child need?
- No real school supplies will be needed
- We only ask for the following for your child
- Extra set up clothes to be kept at school
- Blanket to be used during rest time
- Backpack (big enough for a folder and paperwork)
Oakridge Public Schools will provide all the essential tools your student needs to be successful at school. If you'd like to supply your child with their own unique items (mechanical pencils, binders, notebooks, folders, backpack, etc.) you are welcome to.
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Our offices open Tuesday, August 16th. Email the representative from your school building and we’ll be happy to assist you. The HS office is open throughout the summer.
Middle School – Chevonne Grimm
Upper Elementary – Shannon Sliter
Lower Elementary – Amy Latsch