Oakridge Online Learning Academy (OOLA)OOLA is an option for students in grades 7-12! See the FAQ below for more information. OOLA affords students these benefits:
For Oakridge students in grades 7-12
Competency-based advancement – Each student’s progress toward clearly defined goals is continually assessed. A student advances and earns credit as soon as he/she demonstrates mastery.
- Flexible learning environments – Student needs drive the design of the learning environment. All operational elements—staffing plans, space utilization, and time allocation—respond and adapt to support students in achieving their goals.
- Personal learning paths – All students are held to clear, high expectations, but each student follows a customized path that responds and adapts based on his/her individual learning progress, motivations, and goals.
- Learner profiles – Each student has an up-to-date record of his/her individual strengths, needs, motivations, and goals.
Furthermore, since students participating in OOLA are still considered full-time Oakridge students, these students also still have access to the same benefits as traditional students, such as:
- Oakridge extra-curricular programs
- Full access to the Oakridge Teen Health Center
- School-issued electronic learning devices (Chromebooks and iPads)
- Use of school facilities
- Free use of Oakridge counseling services (career & mental health)
- Option to participate in the MAISD Career Tech Center
- Muskegon Promise
- Participation in Oakridge prom and graduation activities
- Oakridge teacher-lead curriculum
- Tutoring hours from Oakridge teachers
Online Learning Request for OOLA
Parents wishing to request OOLA must complete the online learning request form below. A staff member will contact those who request online learning to discuss whether the student possesses the characteristics to be successful with online learning.
Second semester for OOLA starts Monday, January 31, 2022.