Oakridge Online Learning Academy (OOLA)OOLA is an option for students in grades 7-12! See the FAQ below for more information. OOLA affords students these benefits:
For Oakridge students in grades 7-12
Competency-based advancement – Each student’s progress toward clearly defined goals is continually assessed. A student advances and earns credit as soon as he/she demonstrates mastery.
- Flexible learning environments – Student needs drive the design of the learning environment. All operational elements—staffing plans, space utilization, and time allocation—respond and adapt to support students in achieving their goals.
- Personal learning paths – All students are held to clear, high expectations, but each student follows a customized path that responds and adapts based on his/her individual learning progress, motivations, and goals.
- Learner profiles – Each student has an up-to-date record of his/her individual strengths, needs, motivations, and goals.
Furthermore, since students participating in OOLA are still considered full-time Oakridge students, these students also still have access to the same benefits as traditional students, such as:
- Oakridge extra-curricular programs
- Full access to the Oakridge Teen Health Center
- School-issued electronic learning devices (Chromebooks and iPads)
- Use of school facilities
- Free use of Oakridge counseling services (career & mental health)
- Option to participate in the MAISD Career Tech Center
- Muskegon Promise
- Participation in Oakridge prom and graduation activities
- Oakridge teacher-lead curriculum
- Tutoring hours from Oakridge teachers
Online Learning Request for OOLA
Parents wishing to request OOLA must complete the online learning request form below. A staff member will contact those who request online learning to discuss whether the student possesses the characteristics to be successful with online learning.