Several times per year OPS conducts national, state, and district assessments to monitor student growth and achievement. The purpose of these tools is to report a students understanding of the curriculum and to help teachers inform their instruction to determine if students are reaching their learning targets as set by the district. The information provided is a snapshot for parents on their child’s current academic level. With this information, you can help your child select “Just Right Books”, practice basic math facts, and most importantly stay connected to their learning growth as a student.
The perfect formula for your child’s Learning : Student + Teacher + Parent = Success!
Understanding Your Child’s Assessment’s: Reflection of Your Childs Learning
State of Michigan Assessments
Oakridge Public Schools complies with all state and federal requirements for annual testing of students. Annual assessments include:
- M-STEP – grades 3-8, 11
- MI-Access – grades 3-8, 11 (Alternative assessments for students whose IEP teams have determined that it is not appropriate for them to participate in the state’s general education assessments)
- PSAT – grades 9 and 10 (spring) grade 11 (fall)
- SAT – grade 11 (spring)
- Workkeys – grade 11
- WIDA – kindergarten through grade 12 (English Learners only)
- How to Read Your Child’s Score Report for Grades 3-8 (PDF)
- How to Read Your Child’s Score Report for Grade 11 (PDF)
- M-STEP: What it is, What it means – and What it Offers Presentation (PDF)
- M-STEP: What it is, What it means – and What it Offers, available in multiple languages (PDF)
- What can students expect?
- Online Practice for M-STEP ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies – Provides an opportunity for families and students to familiarize themselves with the online M-STEP interface. (Available at selected times during the year)
MI-Access: Michigan’s Alternate Assessment
If you are interested in learning more about the historical performance of Oakridge Public School’s students and graduates on state assessments, please visit the website: MISchoolData.org
PSAT and SAT (College Board)